Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Catching up with the Baroni Bunch

Hello everyone...hope this posting finds you well,

We cannot believe so much time has past since the last time we shared news about our family on our blog.  Let me catch you up on few bits of information.    To begin with, I am so excited for my brother and sister-in-law because they adopted a little three year old boy from Russia.   We had a chance to visit him in August and he is adorable and full of energy.  Kinda neat to see how God can move mountains by blessing both of us with beautiful children.

Next, Mark will be retiring from the military in May after 21 years of service. We are excited, and of course, a bit nervous about what is on the horizon.  We are trusting in God and seek his direction as we make this transition.  Our blog bible verse continues to speaks to us in so many ways as we approach this new chapter is our life.

A little bit about the boys, they continue to amaze me with how accepting they have been with a little sister running around the house "ruling the roost".  They are so good with her and teaching her how to become a little Tomboy.  All three have said to me independently, "Mom, I don't know what our family would be like without Kaylee."

Ok...just a little bit about Kaylee.  She is a walking and talking machine.  She is also still very observant of her surroundings.  Ever so slowly, we have seen a change in her willingness to let Mark and I be her parents.  It is hard to put into words the emotions that I have for this beautiful little girl.  I don't see her as a Chinese girl, but as my precious daughter that God has entrusted me to raise to be a God-fearing women one day.   Here is a poem that is very special to me.

Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own.  Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow under my heart, but in it.  God is teaching us a lot about love through Kaylee.

Here are some pictures and videos from the past few months.


Kaylee with Walter (the dog) -- short video clip




 Uncle Damon and our new cousin Alex.



 Alex, Colton, Kaylee and Mark 




 Kaylee enjoys hanging out at the beach with Hayden and Colton.



All dressed up for church.



Kaylee and I went to a friend's mountain wedding in Colorado this past July.



Picking out a pumpkin for Halloween.



Kaylee's first Halloween...Kaylee was a pumpkin and Brandon was a banana.   I tried to dress her in a cute little tutu, but she would have no part of that...so she was a pumpkin.




Kaylee loves to dress up and is constantly trying on shoes and carrying around my purses.  What a change of pace...I am used to cleaning smelly athletic clothes, and now I have a little girl who likes clothes, shoes, purses, etc...it's so much fun!
  



I love this picture of Hayden with Kaylee...he is so proud of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment